Monday, August 3, 2015

Super Quick Berry Protein Smoothie (30 grams of protein!)

Hello everyone! Today I have a recipe for you - a berry smoothie with 30 grams of protein! And if that wasn't enough, this protein shake actually tastes good! I find myself craving this, and since it's so quick, I make it for breakfast before I have to run out!

This smoothie is inspired by one I got at the gym the other day! It was so good I couldn't believe that it had 23 grams of protein! So I went to the store and bought some vanilla whey protein powder to try this out for myself. I gotta say, I think mine turned out a little better ;) it has more protein, and to me it doesn't taste as chalky.

All you need is:

* Mixed berries (I bought a frozen bag to save money)
* 1 banana
* Orange juice
* Vanilla whey protein

Steps:

1. Slice up the banana. It's your choice if you'd like to use the full banana for 1 smoothie, or use half and save the rest for later (or to use for a friend's smoothie!). When I make this for breakfast I use a whole banana and add extra of the other ingredients, but if this is just a protein shake or a snack I'd recommend you use half of one.

2. If you're using the full banana throw the chopped slices into the blender, then a handful of frozen berries. If you are using half a banana, grab the cup you will be using to drink this and grab enough frozen berries to fill the cup 3/4s.

3. Next pour in a splash of orange juice. Personally I like to use a good amount of juice since it helps for flavor.

4. Pour everything into a blender and blend until you can't see any chunks. Now you can put in the protein powder. If you used half a banana pour in a 3/4 scoop, if you used a full banana you can either use 1 or 1 & 1/2 scoops. Blend again until you can't see the powder.


It tastes amazing and is a great, easy breakfast! This has been such a great alternative to the milk and chocolate whey protein I usually have.

No comments:

Post a Comment